JOIN US BE THE BEST YOU
Individuals at Haven come together with a commitment to our core values. You will do more than just join our team. You will add something that is you at your best.
We are bringing the salon experience into the modern era. With a strong focus on customer experience, quality, and environmental impact, our team is devoted to developing life lasting career opportunities with growth and community at it’s core. Our leaders are poised to provide long lasting learning and to help you become the best you.
Join North York, Toronto’s top reviewed salon. Haven’s esthetics and design philosophy match our core values.
Environmentally conscience salon space
Learn from top industry leaders and educators
Foster an amazing and supportive community
Learn about the job posting at Haven Salon
The Hairstylist team member’s primary responsibility is to provide clients with courteous, professional and creative hairstyling services which enhance their appearance according to their individual needs and expectations after a thorough consultation. Team members are expected to maintain a clean and organized salon which includes regular cleaning duties. Team members are also expected to support their fellow staff member’s services in order to create a team environment which improves the client’s experience. This includes but is not limited to helping with the service flow, shampooing, blowdrying, and toning whenever necessary. Ancillary duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Up to date knowledge of current trend in fashion and how to achieve the associated looks via coloring, cutting, and styling techniques
- Time management including the efficient conducting of all services with respect to the clients time and the salon’s schedule
- Accountability, dependability, and patience
- Variety of communication skills including communications with individuals whose first language may not be English
- As we service an extremely multinational clientele, we must maintain the ability to assess and effectively implement styles and routines for clients with a variety of hair types, lifestyles, and budgets
- Thorough knowledge of tool maintenance, including cleaning, sanitization, and disinfection
- Basic knowledge of the operation of computers and technology
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms and simple fashion photography
- Cut and shape client’s hair using a variety of tools and cutting/styling techniques
- Provide clients with colouring, highlighting and colour correction services
- Provide a thorough consultation and solidify a clear mutual understanding with a client’s verbal confirmation prior to conducting any service
- Assist with scheduling/reviewing client bookings as well as promoting new bookings
- Assist with services being provided by any and all staff members in order to facilitate the best client experience possible and promote a team environment
- Promote retail sales by making effective recommendations based on individual needs and properly demonstrating the use of each product during a service
- Daily tasks including cleaning workstations, hair washing sinks, bathrooms, color area, the hair salon and other equipment
- Establish trust and confidence in order to promote recurring business relationships with every client
- Maintain a stylish, clean, and professional appearance while representing Haven
- Employees are expected to arrive prior to their shift start time in order to be prepared to receive clients who may be scheduled at that time
- Employees are expected to meet minimum sales goals for services and retail products set out based on their individual level of experience
- Help to maintain the salons brand through a social media presence, including but not limited to taking photos/videos of staff performing services within the salon on a daily basis
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training as well as attending staff meetings
- Assist the salon with merchandising and inventory control as needed
- Possess the ability to work without direct supervision
- Perform ancillary duties as they arise in support of the business
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Valid Ontario Hairstyling License
How to stand out
Exceptional candidates have strong social media skills and portfolios of work.
Industry experience and awards will help you stand out from the crowd.
Cover letters, while not required, are recommended to let us know more about you, your goals, and how you view the industry.
We respect the privacy of all our clients, staff, and prospective candidates. Be assured we will never contact your current or past employers without your consent or indicate that you have reached out for potentiation change in employment.
Personal information will be handled only on a need to know basis.